• Gunman opened fire close to Baton Rouge Police Department headquarters
• Three officers slain, three in critical condition
• One suspect is dead, described as a “black male with body armor,” wearing black fatigues and firing a semi-automatic rifle
• The attack comes two days after the funeral of Alton Sterling, a black man killed by police during an arrest
• Two Fridays ago in Dallas, a black militant named Micah X. Johnson shot and killed five police officers and wounded seven
Via The Conservative Treehouse...Baton Rouge Press Conference and Shooter ID’d…Gavin Eugene Long from Kansas City, Missouri...
Black male from Kansas City, Missouri
Believed to be former Marine
Today was his birthday
6 Police Officers Shot, 3 Killed in Baton Rouge Louisiana Attack On Police…
Details sketchy: UPDATE 2:30pm EDT – Eye Witness Video Added– At approximately 9am local/10m Eastern ♦ Six police officers were shot, three of them were killed in a shootout in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. ♦ The shooting happened less than 1 mile from police headquarters. ♦ Officers were responding to a calll of a suspicious man with an assault rifle near a B-Quik convenience store. ♦ The situation at a location on Airline Highway near Old Hammond Highway, WAFB reported. ♦ The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development reported the highway is closed.