While the patient is in stable condition in an area separate from the main hospital on the MUH campus, many in the community are left wondering about the details surrounding the situation.
Here's what we know so far:
1. The patient arrived at Methodist South in Whitehaven Sunday morning with Ebola-like symptoms.
2. The patient had symptoms outside of flu that warranted taking an abundance of caution. The patient then was transported to Methodist University and placed in isolation.
3. Local samples are en route to the Department of Health in Nashville and the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta.
4. If the results are positive, the hospital will begin doing a "contact investigation" to find out who the patient has been in contact with.
5. If the results negative, the hospital will continue to care for the patient.
Read the rest here...