He wants to raise the gas tax because the 650 million they get now for roads and bridges is just not enough...oh the struggles of the elite disconnected rats who govern over us...we have a a surplus this year of 2 billion, if you have to raise taxes in this climate....God help us.
President Trump is doing his part to make America great again, now it's our turn. Please call/email the governor, your representatives and tell them HELL NO you aren't going to raise taxes. Specifically ask them why they want to hurt poor people?
Rocky Top Politics has the story....If you want to know the real reason Haslam wants to raise the gas tax when we have a 2 billion dollar surplus then you just need to follow the money ....In tonight’s speech will the Governor reveal how Pilot Oil could make millions off the gas tax increase?
Call the governor and tell him you don't want to hurt poor people or hardworking citizens who know we don't have a tax problem, we have a spending problem....(615) 741-2001
Call Speaker Beth Harwell Hill ((615) 741-0709 615) 741-0709
List of Senate members here...
List of House members here...
Feel free to let me know how they respond or any reply emails they send you. If we want to make America great again, we have to work for it. Everyone can make a phone call or send an email. If you don't want your gas tax raised, then you are going to have to do something about it....
Mission Possible Project #1: Letter To The President
I know this is on the federal level and this post was about what we can do locally and at the state level to MAGA but I thought this one was important and good for the president to hear from all of you. He has the world against him. Imagine an overflow of letters flowing into the White House ...we need to let him know and feel our support...feel free to send me the contents of your letter and I will post here and update frequently, who knows maybe one of us will get a personal reply....
Good afternoon Mr./Mrs. American Citizen: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves engaging in ANY act that contributes to Making America Great Again. Observe and take pictures, possibly video of your local/state government in action. You may opt to take someone with you or work alone, if that's how you roll. You only have a window of ....well, truly there is no window, except for your own limitations. Disseminate your information to the public so everyone can see who are the defenders of liberty and who are the obstacles. As you know, if you or any member of your team were to be caught, the Midsouth Sentinel will disavow all knowledge of your actions...this message will self-destruct after it is seen by 10 million people...
Seriously though, President Trump is already doing what he can to Make America Great Again....How about you?
When Benjamin Franklin walked outside of the Constitutional Convention, Mrs. Powell shouted at him "What form of government did you give us?" to which he replied "A Republic Madame, if you can keep it".
He didn't say a Republic Madame if your president can keep it, or the press, or anyone else....he replied to a woman, no less, who at the time did not have property rights so in turn she had no voting rights....and said "A Republic Madame, if YOU can keep it".
President Trump is just ONE man. He's a pretty awesome one, but he is still just one man. He alone cannot Make America Great Again and in a Republic, success was never designed to depend on one man.That's the beauty of it. The PEOPLE are the main ingredient to a successful Republic. I know a great many of you probably don't believe this but, the media along with other elitist mindsets are happy about that. After all, they worked very hard to make you think this.
Now....on to your mission of Making America Great Again...
The elites of our world have designed our current system so that most people THINK they have no power and for the most part, this can be true....federally speaking of course. Most Americans focus on the federal level where they have the least amount of control. THIS IS BY DESIGN! This is how we get people like John McCain representing us. Yes, you do have power some power but it's limited by your accessibility to the federal level of power.
Out of sight, out of mind.
If you don't see the corruption, you don't know it exists.
Only the most controversial federal issues ever make into your awareness and when the sleeping bear is awakened, like they were with the immigration issue called Gang of 8, yes, the bear can stop it. But for every Gang of 8 bill, there are 100 other bills that are equally as detrimental that never see the light of day because it's DNA was boring....
Enter your state/local government.
Everyone can visit your state capital when they are in session at least occasionally. Everyone and their brother can attend your local city/county government meeting. I know from past experience when the people engage locally, they can overcome ANY obstacle...Unions, special interest groups, etc. because politicians ultimately want to be re-elected. All it takes to defeat them starts with simply pushing back.
Mike Cernovich wrote MAGA Mindset explaining how Trump's mindset got him into the oval office. He wrote this before President Trump was elected. If you haven't read it I highly suggest you do and while your at it order Gorilla Mindset....you won't regret it....anyways, you need to develop the MAGA Mindset and think big like President Trump.
I'm going to start MAGA Mindset: Mission Possible posts that document what everyday Americans are doing to help Make America Great Again because Trump can't do it by himself. Reagan was a great president too. Once the great man is gone, the momentum goes with him which is what Benjamin Franklin was referring to when he replied that he had given us a Republic if we can keep it. WE are the key. Look for the post the 1st week in February.
What does this entail? There are so many things that can be done I'm not going to name them all but some of the most important are:
- Monitor local city/county agendas. I promise you there is just as much progressive legislation passing a few miles from you as there is in D.C. Notate the red flags. Make phone calls/emails letting your elected officials know how you want them to vote.
- Coordinate/Collude with other like-minded individuals who want to Make America Great Again. I live in Memphis. 70% Democrat. A handful of people have won 90% of the issues we took on. When you learn their game, 2 people can defeat 200.
- Monitor your state agendas. Maybe you can't attend their meetings but you can tell the world what they will be voting on. You can make phone calls/emails there and encourage your circle of friends to do the same. Believe it or not, this pressure amounts to the difference between winning or losing a vote.
- Write about and document the process of your engagement in the governing process. How else would we know about what happened with our founding if people weren't writing about it. I have done posts on local government called Keeping Up With The Kommissioners/Keeping Up With The Kouncilmen for this very reason. Plus, it will inspire others to see what's going on and as you win, they will want to join with your winning team.
- Get on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram etc and spread the information you have learned from engaging in the governing process. Information is power. We have it right now, so use it.
- Send me your projects/information/engagements and I will help spread the word....even if it's just you making a phone call or sending an email. Let people know how your elected officials responded. Their reply emails can be most enlightening.
- Send your MAGA Mindset: Mission Possible operations to MidsouthSentinel@gmail.com and lets do what Samuel Adams did so many years ago....It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
John Adams wrote to his wife towards the end of his life "Oh Posterity, you will never know how much it cost us to preserve your freedom. I hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it."
Our responsibilities in a successful Republic go way beyond voting.....what will you do to to keep John Adams from repenting in Heaven that he ever took half the pains to preserve our freedom?